This Return Shipments Policy ("Policy") governs the return request raised by the Buyer in accordance with the terms of this Policy ("Return Request") and the mechanism for resolution of disputes raised by the Seller in relation to the Return Requests.
The Users understand that Standard Chartered Research and Technology India Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as 'we' or “Solv”) is an intermediary platform and shall only mediate the Return Request. Except for any logistics related issues (where logistics services have been availed from Solv), it shall be sole responsibility of the Seller to resolve the issues/ concerns raised by the Buyer pertaining to the Return Request.
We shall not assume any liability for any failure on the part of the Seller to resolve the Return Request raised by the Buyer.
We may modify this Policy from time to time, and any such changes will be reflected on the Platform and be effective immediately upon the changes being reflected on the Platform. Users agree to be bound to any such changes or modifications and understand and accept the importance of regularly reviewing the Policy as updated on the Platform from time to time.
A. RETURN REQUEST
- Buyer understands that Solv is an intermediary platform and only be responsible to mediate the return request raised by Buyer with the Seller. It shall be sole responsibility of the Seller to resolve the issues/ concerns raised by Buyer in your return request. We shall not assume any liability for any failure on the part of the Seller to resolve Buyer’s issue.
- Buyer may raise a return request through any of the following channels
- Raise a return request on the Solv App
- Chat with live agent on Solv App via Help section in the main menu
- Write to email@example.com
- Call on customer care number 9108191081
- Send a WhatsApp message on customer care number 9108191081
- Buyer may raise a Return Request on the Platform for any one of the following reasons:
- Product(s) is physically damaged or is defective, including damage to the inner box delivered.
- Warranty issues or quality related issues with respect to the Product delivered.
- Wrong Product or the Product is not matching the description or specifications mentioned on the listing page on the Platform.
- Part of the Order/ Products is found to be missing/mismatch due to reasons attributable to the Seller in case products delivered in intact packaging or where packaging has not been tempered.
- Part of the Order/ Products are found to be missing due to any reasons attributable to the logistics; or
- Product was damaged in-transit; or
- Incorrect boxes delivered; or
- Any other logistics related issues.
- At the time of making a return request on the platform, you will be required to provide appropriate supporting documentations/ proofs including without limitation:
- Required evidences as mentioned in this return policy shall be shared immediately or maximum next day post initiating the return request, failing to the same, the return request can be rejected.
- Images of the product(s) indicating the issue in the product/ shipment delivered. The images need to capture the following:
- Shipping label with order ID;
- Original Delivered Shipment
- issue observed by the buyer in the product;
- damaged product; and or
- the IMEI number (in case the Product is a mobile phone);
- Unboxing/normal video clip indicating the issues in the product/ shipment delivered. The video clip needs to capture all sides of the package, order details, shipping label, quantity of the product, damages in the product, any tampering with the outer box etc. preferably with timestamp.
- For Consumer Electronics: It is mandatory to shoot an unboxing video for both the buyer and the seller and the same must be submitted while raising a return request. No return will be entertained if an unboxing video is not provided.
- Copy of the bill/ tax invoice for the product received.
- Packing video of the package, the video clip needs to capture all sides of the package, order details, shipping label, quantity of the product packed in a box.
Note: In case of any dispute observed for Consumer Electronics whenever return shipment is forwarded to Seller, they should provide initial packing video as well as unboxing video upon receipt of any returned product from buyer.
- Following points are to be considered while placing return request:
- Product shall be returned in the same brand packaging in which it was delivered.
- In case a damaged outer packaging is received, the same should be mentioned as a remark on the proof of delivery
- Products which are requested to be returned shall be stored separately so that no one can use them.
- Ensure all products in a particular invoice are handed over to pickup partner as no partial return is permissible.
- In case of an order for oil, same should be returned immediately if any damage/shortage is observed. Once accepted by buyer, it will not be considered for return.
- Notwithstanding anything mentioned in the return policy, Return request for consumer electronic products will be accepted only in case of any of the following scenarios:
- Disparity in the number of products/outer packaging ordered & received.
- Outer packaging being damaged.
- Wrong product sent by the seller.
- Under no circumstances will Solv bear any losses including those listed under 6 a,b,c. Solv will only coordinate with the seller.
- In case of no remarks mentioned on POD for damages return request due to product / outer packaging damaged will not be considered.
- Return Requests shall not be processed in case of the following reasons:
- In case brand packaging is changed
- If there are no remarks on the proof of delivery about a damaged outer packaging
- Return request shall be processed for full return only, no partial return request is accepted
- Return requests will be rejected in case a product being returned is found to be used
- Return request for oil shall not be processed once the buyer accepts the shipment
- It is clarified that returns cannot be processed for the following reasons:
- Customer did not like the product
- Product is available at better price elsewhere
- Customer does not need the product any more
- Any reason excluding disparity in the number of items ordered & received, product defect or damage or incorrect material received.
In any of the above cases, the return request will be rejected by the customer care team
- Depending on the category of the product, the Buyer may raise a Return Request for any of the issues as set forth under paragraph A.2 above within the timelines prescribed below. In case the request is raised beyond this window, the return/ refund will not be done.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, Return Request may be raised for the following reasons ("Logistics Related Issues"):
Note: The Buyer not to accept delivery in case of logistics partner is delivering open/damaged box.
If any further information or clarification is required from the Buyer, Solv team will contact them.
|Category ||Timelines |
|FMCG* ||Delivery Date +1 |
|HoReCa* ||Delivery Date +1 |
|Apparel ||Delivery Date +2|
|Consumer Electronics ||Delivery Date +2 |
|Home Furnishing ||Delivery Date +2|
|Footwear ||Delivery Date +2|
|Toys & Sports ||Delivery Date +2|
* Except oil products which need to be returned on the same day, immediately upon delivery
Solv team internally scrutinize the return request raised by the Buyer and notify the Seller. The Return Request raised by the Buyer will either be approved or rejected and the same will be communicated to the Buyer.
B. DECISION ON THE RETURN REQUESTS
Basis our internal scrutiny of the Return Request raised by the Buyer, any of the following may occur:
- Approval of the Return Request:The Return Request will be processed under following scenarios:
- The return request has been approved by the Seller. In such a case, the reverse shipment will be shipped to the seller. In case seller fails to respond within 1 day from the time of escalation same shall be considered as approved from seller for return.
- If we determine that the Return Request is a Logistics Related Issue and Seller is not ready to accept return request, in such case,
- We will pay the full value (as declared) of the Shipment to the Seller; and
- We shall have the right to proceed with the liquidation of such Reverse Shipment. In such cases, the Seller shall have no objection for carrying out liquidation and shall waive any claim in this regard. All rights, title, or interest on all such Products being liquidated shall be deemed to be transferred by the Seller so that liquidation can be carried out by Solv or its logistic partners.
- To ensure successful return pick up of the Shipment, the Buyer is required to return the complete Shipment in the original condition and in the same bag as it was received in.
- In case of approval of the return request if the buyer has already paid for the order, the order amount will be refunded to the buyer’s payment source (Bank Account as updated on the Solv App / Credit Card, Etc.) within 15 days for intracity return requests and 45 days for intercity return requests, from the date of the return request being raised along with all required documentations.
Note: In case the buyer has utilized Pay Later services, the amount shall be refunded to the Financial Institution, and it will be adjusted with the current outstanding amount before the due date and if the refund happens after the due date, the amount shall be marked as excess and will be adjusted during next billing.
- Rejection of the Return Request: The Return Request raised by the Buyer shall be rejected, in case of any of the following reasons:
- If the Buyer does not respond to the inquiry calls and/or communication via other modes made by us to procure missing documentation and information in relation to the Return Request; or
- supportive documents are insufficient, or Buyer is unable to provide sufficient proof in support of the claim.
- If the Buyer’s return history shows excessive returns, then the Return Request of the Buyer may be rejected.
- Exceptional cases: In exceptional cases such as fraud, deficiency in service, or any other circumstance which may affect the user experience on the Platform, we may in good faith and in our sole discretion decide to pay the transaction amount for the disputed product in the absence of Seller's approval of such returns.
- the date of approval of the Return Request by us; or
- from the date Buyer confirms the dispatch of the Product from Buyer's premise/ shop/ designated pick-up location; whichever is later.
- In all the above-mentioned cases wherein, the return requests are approved by the Seller, refund will be initiated to the Buyer post the product pickup from the buyer & delivery to seller.
C. DELIVERY OF REVERSE SHIPMENT TO THE SELLER
- Once the Return Request raised by the Buyer is accepted, our logistics partner will pick up the Shipment from the Buyer ("Reverse Shipment") within such timelines, as maybe communicated or displayed on the Platform.
- The Reverse Shipment will be delivered to the Seller by us (at the location from where the Shipment was picked up for forward order delivery to the Buyer). We will endeavour to make the first attempt to deliver the Reverse Shipment to the Seller within:
- thirty-five (35) days from the date of receipt of Reverse Shipment (non-food products) from the Buyer; and
- two to five (2-5) days from the date of receipt of Reverse Shipment (Food and FMCG category) from the Buyer.
- For any delay in making the first attempt to deliver the Reverse Shipment beyond the said timeline due to reasons solely attributable to us, we shall communicate such delay to the Seller within a reasonable time. In case of unavoidable circumstances or occurrence of a force majeure event or any event beyond our reasonable control, timelines shall stand extended. The Seller will be able to track the Reverse Shipment on the Platform. The Seller will be bound to accept the delivery of Reverse Shipment and sign the proof of delivery.
- If we are unable to deliver the Reverse Shipment to the Seller due to Seller's or its representative's unavailability at the delivery location on the first attempt, our logistics partner will make a maximum of two (2) more attempts to deliver the Reverse Shipment. We will endeavour to attempt delivery within the next forty-eight (48) hours from the last delivery attempt. Our returns team will contact the Seller to arrange for delivery of the Reverse Shipment. If despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to deliver the Reverse Shipment to the Seller in the third attempt, the Reverse Shipment will be transferred to our liquidation hub for liquidation. In such cases, the Seller shall have no objection for carrying out liquidation and shall waive any claim in this regard. All rights, title, or interest on all such Products being liquidated shall be deemed to be transferred by the Seller so that liquidation can be carried out by Solv or its logistic partners. The Seller agrees that the Seller shall not be entitled to receive any money or amount that we or our logistic partner may receive from liquidation of such Reverse Shipment.
- We will return the Reverse Shipment to the Seller on an 'as is' basis i.e., in the same condition as it is received by us from the Buyer. At the time of delivery of the Reverse Shipment to the Seller, the Seller further acknowledges the POD and ensure that photos, videos, etc. and/or remarks with respect to the Reverse Shipment along with the AWB number affixed on it ("Evidence") shall be captured and used by seller at the time of settling disputes (if any) that may be raised by the Seller with respect to the Reverse Shipment. We may ask the Seller to provide or submit additional documents in support of the dispute raised as per the terms of this Policy.
- At the time of delivery of the Reverse Shipment to the Seller or any of the Seller's representatives, our logistics partner will require the Seller to acknowledge the delivery of the same by signing on the proof of delivery document ("POD"). Seller or its representative is required to sign on the POD and clearly call out the damage or tampering to the Reverse Shipment, In case of logistics partner is not allowing seller to mention remarks in that situation seller may refuse to accept & raise a complaint on Solv customer care number.
- At the time of receiving the Reverse Shipment, the Seller or any of the Seller's representatives shall observe the following:
- Shall not detain our Delivery Associate for any reason whatsoever;
- any tampering, pilferage, or damage to the Reverse Shipment at the time of receiving the Reverse Shipment from us shall be written on the POD and the same shall be reported to us within 2 days from the receipt of delivery of Reverse Shipment either by calling us on our customer care number or also can send an E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the Seller does not write on the POD about any damage, tampering or pilferage to the Reserve Shipment, we reserve the right to reject any Dispute which the Seller may raise against us with respect to the damage to the Reverse Shipment during reverse transit of the Shipment.
- The Seller is bound to accept the delivery of Reverse Shipment. However, despite our reasonable efforts to deliver the Reverse Shipment, if the Seller refuse to take delivery of the Reverse Shipment, we reserve our right to move the Reverse Shipment to our liquidation hub and liquidate or dispose off such Reverse Shipment in any manner as we may deem fit in our sole discretion. We reserve a right to deduct and adjust the value of the Reverse Shipment (in case the amount for such Shipment has already been transferred to the Seller) against the sale proceeds that are collected by us on Seller's behalf from the Buyer or any other amounts that we are required to pay to the Seller in accordance with the Payment and Settlement Services. We shall not entertain any claims brought with respect to such unaccepted / refused Reverse Shipment and the Seller agrees that the Seller shall not be entitled to receive any money or amount that we or our logistics may receive from liquidation of such Reverse Shipment. In such cases, the Seller shall have no objection for carrying out liquidation and shall waive any claim in this regard. All rights, title, or interest on all such Products being liquidated shall be deemed to be transferred by the Seller so that liquidation can be carried out by Solv or its logistic partners.
D. DISPUTES RAISED BY THE SELLER
- Upon receipt of Reverse Shipment from the Buyer, Seller can raise a dispute with respect to the Reverse Shipment within 2 working days from receipt of the same, failing which it shall be deemed as accepted by the Seller without any damage or fault. The Seller may raise a dispute for any one of the following reasons using the Platform:
- Reverse Shipment/outer box is in a visibly damaged condition or tampered and the same has been mentioned on POD;
- Products received are wrong;
- Difference in the quantity;
- If the Reverse Shipment is not delivered to Seller but marked "delivered" on the Platform; and/or
- Mismatch/non-alignment with the approved refund amount.
- Upon receipt of the Seller(s) complaint or dispute, our respective dispute resolution team will get in touch with the Seller to resolve concerns or disputes in accordance with our Policy, as maybe communicated from time to time. The Seller at the time of raising the dispute will be required to provide us photographs and/or videos of Reverse Shipment (internal and outer box), and such other documents/ proof or information, which we may require to investigate into the issue or concern raised. The Seller agrees to co-operate with us while we investigate the claim or dispute raised.
- For the purpose of investigating the claim, We may require certain additional documents/ proof/ information in support of the claim at the time of raising a dispute or post submission of the dispute by the Seller. Seller will be required to provide such additional documents/ proof/information in support of the claim within 2 days from the request raised for such document/ proof/information, which will include without limitation, images of the returned product(s) indicating the issue in the shipment received. The images need to clearly capture the following:
- Shipment label;
- AWB number of the shipment;
- issue observed by Seller in the returned product;
- damages to the returned product;
- brand name/ manufacturer's name of the returned product; and/or
- the IMEI number (in case the product is a mobile phone).
- Upon receipt of the seller(s) dispute and necessary documentation in support of the claim, we will investigate internally and endeavor to resolve the dispute within fifteen (15) days of receipt of dispute.
- Based on the documentation provided by the Seller, the dispute may be resolved either:
- against the Seller, if it is concluded by us that:
In such cases, within 3 days of resolution of Seller's dispute, we shall deduct and adjust the value of the returned product (in case the amount for such Shipment has already been transferred to the Seller) from Seller's sale proceeds that are collected by us from the Buyer(s) or any other amounts that we are required to pay to the Seller; or
- evidences collected by us and documentation, proof, and information provided by Seller in support of Seller's claim do not match;
- document/ proof provided by Seller in support of Seller's claim are insufficient; or Seller does not respond to the inquiry calls and/or communication through other modes sent by us to procure missing documentation, proof, and information in support of Seller's claim from the Seller; in such cases Seller's dispute will be settled against the Seller.
- in Seller's favour, if it is concluded by us that document/ proof/ information submitted by Seller along with Seller's dispute are sufficient to justify Seller's claim and match with Evidences collected by us, then we will approve Seller's dispute. The amount that the Seller will be eligible to receive in relation to such approved claims shall be calculated on the basis of the category of the Product for which the return is raised. The applicable amount to be refunded to the Seller shall be as mentioned within 3 working days, communicated through such other mode of communication as may be determined by us in our sole discretion.
The Seller further agrees that Solv’s decision with respect to the investigation shall be final and binding.
Seller understands that Solv is an intermediary platform and only be responsible to mediate reverse shipment issue raised by Seller. It shall be sole responsibility of the Seller to resolve the issues/ concerns raised by Seller with the Buyer. We shall not assume any liability for any failure on the part of the Buyer to resolve any reverse shipment issue.
The raising of a Return Request and dispute resolution is a mechanism of User protection and is subjected to guidelines of fair use. If we in our opinion become suspicious or become aware of any misuse of this Policy or the Platform by any User, we may change the applicability of our Policy.
SCR&T reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to change or otherwise modify this return policy without prior notice. The User agrees to be bound to any changes or modifications made to this Policy as may be updated on the Platform, from time to time or any additional terms that may be communicated to the User, from time to time. Continued access or use of Solv platform signifies the assent/ratification of the updated or modified policy.
- against the Seller, if it is concluded by us that: